( a facebook image)
People lose their sense of control when there is a disaster……..
Help people to use their natural coping mechanisms to regain a sense of control:
– Get enough rest
– Eat as regularly as possible and drink water
– Talk and spend time with family and friends
– Discuss problems with someone you trust
– Relax: walk, sing, pray, play with children
– Avoid alcohol or drugs, caffeine, nicotine
– Attend to personal hygiene
– Find safe ways to help others in need.
And live life as normal as, before the disaster.